Vascular medicine is mainly in providing state-of-the-art diagnosis and comprehensive treatment of vascular diseases of the circulatory system outside of the heart, which includes arteries, veins, and lymphatics. It offers extensive care for diseases of the vascular system (blood vessels), Renal artery disease, peripheral artery disease (PAD), and conditions such as Raynaud’s disease and vasculitis. Dr. Bhavin diagnose and manage arterial, venous and lymphatic disorders, and take care of patients with hypercoagulable disorders.
Our Center focuses on the non-invasive diagnosis and treatment of all these problems, which may involve:
- Arteries, which deliver blood from the heart to the tissues.
- Veins, which deliver blood back to the heart.
- Lymphatic system, which transports lymph fluid back to the circulation
Commonly found conditions in the field of Vascular Medicine include:
- Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) / Claudication – blockages in the leg arteries; may cause pain with walking.
- Carotid artery disease – blockages in the neck arteries; may lead to a stroke or paralysis.
- Renal artery disease – blockages in the kidney arteries; may contribute to high blood pressure and/or chronic kidney disease.
- Mesenteric artery disease – blockages in the arteries supplying to intestine and other organs like liver, stomach, spleen etc.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAAs) – a bulging of the aorta that may cause it to rupture and sometimes sudden death
- Venous problems such as deep venous thrombosis (DVT) and chronic venous insufficiency (CVI).
- Raynaud’s, vasculitis, lymphedema, and other less common vascular conditions.